The Playing Field has been the site for cricket since 1895. The lease to the field was acquired jointly by Aslockton and Whatton-in-the-Vale Parish Councils (‘the Councils’) and the field continued to be used for cricket and a children’s play area. In 1994, the freehold was acquired by the Councils and during the latter part of that decade the northern part of the field was levelled and a football pitch was installed.
The playing field was dedicated to the National Playing Fields Association in May 2006 and as a result of that dedication the Whatton and Aslockton Playing Field Trust was created. The sole Trustee (the Councils) delegated the management of the facility to the Playing Field Committee which consists of appointed members from each of the Councils, the user clubs and four elected members.
The existing building was built in the 1970s and extended in the late 1990’s and is now in need of replacement.
The Trust is currently funded by:
- Contributions from each of the user clubs for the use of the facilities.
- Grants from both Parish Councils
- Fund Raising activities.