|Whatton and Aslockton Playing Field Trust
(Registered Charity – 1135385)The Playing Field was first used for cricket in 1897. In 1974 Aslockton Parish Council and Whatton-in-the-Vale Parish Council (‘the Parish Councils’) leased the field for use as both a sports facility and part used as a children’s play area.
|In 1994, with the aid of a big-lottery grant the Parish Councils purchased the freehold and in May 2006 entered into a Deed of Trust with the National Playing Field Association ensuring that the Playing Field would remain a recreational facility in perputuity for the benefit of residents of Aslockton and Whatton-in-the-Vale.. The Deed of Trust effectively created the Whatton and Aslockton Playing Field Trust with the Sole Trustee as Aslockton Parish Council and Whatton-in-the-Vale Parish Council.
The Deed of Dedication is available for download below:
|In 2006, the Trustee delegated the day-to-day management of the Playing Field to the Playing Field Committee.|
|In March 2009, the Play Equipment Project was completed. New play equipment covering the whole age range group from toddlers to teenagers has now been installed.|
|Currently, the playing field is host to Whatton and Aslockton Cricket Club and Aslockton & Orston Youth Football Club.
Greyhounders Football Club are still represented although not playing competitive football and are celebrating their centenary year.
For details of how the facility is managed see the Management section of the web site.
For the accounts and how the field is financed please see the Finance section.